AP Police strive to provide efficient, transparent, responsive and accountable police administration in the state aided by latest technology and gadgets. We have made rapid strides towards our goal of providing technology driven and delivery systems to the citizens of AP. AP Police has been involving the citizens through various community police initiatives. Law and Order as well as crime control measures have been particularly successful with the active participation of the public. We are also optimistic that the AP police will continue to meet the new challenge of preserving the democratic order of the society in ensuring the safety and security of the citizen / women and children and also upholding the constitution provisions. Information technology (IT) plays a vital role in police department, improving outcomes in the areas of criminal detection, police services to citizens and other functioning of the police department. AP police department has been integrating information and communication technologies into policing to enhance their efficiency and effectiveness. Recently AP police department has launched a ‘Citizen Web Portal’ to strengthen the citizen interface with the police. AP Police is very happy to add one more feather to its cap with the launch of unique IT inventions like ‘iClik’ and ‘Abhayam’ for the safety of citizens in general and women in particular. This is a PILOT project in this direction. Over the next few weeks, the pilot project will be systematically implemented and all steps will be taken to overcome software glitches for ensuring citizen-centric quality service.
iClik (instant complaint logging internet KIOSK) iClik is a revolutionary product that enables citizens to log their grievances through an online KIOSK. iClik focuses specifically on women’s problems, issues and more importantly, convenience. iClik has a touch-sensitive screen that allows anyone to use it seamlessly. The multitude of options adds to the uniqueness iClik. Apart from choosing from various languages (Telugu, English & Hindi), one can also choose to either type, record, or write and scan their complaint. An acknowledgment slip will be dispensed immediately along with an SMS to the complainant with a unique complaint reference number. As soon as submitted, iClik transfers data and dispatches the complaint to the police control room from where the complaint is routed to respective police stations and complainant is updated at all stages through an SMS. Due to the size (that of an ATM KIOSK), dimensions and weight, it is easy to transport and fits in places such as ATMs, supermarkets, movie theatres, bus stands, women’s colleges and other public places. The launch and promotion of a product like the iClik kiosk not only gives citizens especially women a certain degree of courage and comfort, it also aims to deter criminals from committing a crime in wake of its easy accessibility. iClik has been designed and developed by CoLeague Solutions Pvt. Ltd., a Bangalore based IT establishment.
Abhayam is a mobile application, which empowers citizens to have the power to protect themselves at a click of button (SoS / Panic). Notification will to be sent to near and dear one and the police. There is a stealth mode where the user does not need to open the app, but just click the power button 5 times. The app would automatically send the Panic notifications to the police and their near and dear ones. The app works both on smart and non-smart basic phones.
Key essential services ::
• The launch of this Mobile App is for the entire state of Andhra Pradesh, with which citizens can reach police at a click of a button. ‘Abhayam’ has been conceptualized and designed by M/s Logicshore Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore, a subsidiary of SKML Info Technologies & Services Ltd. Vishakhapatnam.
• Instant, smart communication between the Citizens and the Police
• Empowering the police force to reduce response times
• Instant reporting of incidents for smart responses
• Monitoring Response times and identifying incident patterns for predictive management of the emergency workforce.
• It attempts to make the state a significantly safer place empowering the security services and the citizens at the same time. Important features of Abhayam
• Panic: This feature enables the user to alert the police (Police Control Room) with necessary information that they would require for taking swift and agile actions by the police when they are in vulnerable situations. Abhayam even has Voice Recording facility for 10 seconds when a user presses ‘PANIC’.
• Missed Call Service: This can be availed by both non-smart phone and smart phone. For all the non-smart phones this missed call number (040-71011800) has to be configured on any one of their buttons using speed dial option. But with regards to smartphones, this feature becomes active at the click of PANIC button even when there is no internet available on their phones at that minute.
• iReport: This allows the witnesses/passer-by to report an incident either by taking a photograph, video, voice recording, simple a text and send the evidence to the police (Police Control Room). This is mainly focused on ensuring participation of citizens, the reporting mobile number and the identity of the person can continue to be anonymous.
• Safe Places: This is a unique feature which will help the users to identify safes places within 2Km radius. A route from the current place to the selected place is shown.
• Travel Tracker: This allows citizens to be proactive and ensure their safety by voluntarily allowing them to be tracked by their guardians. The USP of this feature is that user can take picture, give destination address and select the list of benefactor that user would like to send. Once user sends the request, the benefactors can track the user whether he / she is going in the direction of destination address or any other route.